Workshops are being held across the state and will cover:
- Labour market analysis in local regions
- Providing insight into workforce availability
- Trends and market changes
- A snapshot of key projects
- Connecting you with local opportunities
- Unpacking Vocational Education and Training – Transport, Logistics, Aviation, Maritime and Rail
- Overarching objectives of VET
- What’s new in training products – including Fatigue and Chain of Responsibility
- VET pathways – how to link in with school based initiatives
- Tips for finding the right RTO for your needs
- Commonwealth and Queensland Government funding and initiatives
- How to access the Regional Employment Package – up to $15,000 for businesses
- Cert III Funding and User Choice
- Contracts of employment and unfair dismissal
- FREE HR Guide with tons of tools and templates for your business.
Presentations led by Industry Engagement Consultant, Linda MacDonald and Maroussia Association’s Employment Relations Manager, Travis Degen.
Also, we want to hear from you!
Come along and share your views about:
- New and emerging skills needed for your industry
- How well the training packages are meeting on-the-job requirements
- The quality of the training and your experiences finding skilled employees for your business.
Who should attend?
- Members of the Transport, Logistics, Aviation, Maritime and Rail sectors
- Any size business working within T&L industry
- Human Resource Managers or recruitment-related roles
- Local Councils, Schools and Associations
Pullman Cairns International
17 Abbott Street
T. +61 (7) 4050 2102 – F. +61 (7) 4050 2120
Register to attend the event at this location and you will be updated with event details
as they are finalised.